Welcome to Fiddlehead’s Keg Crew!
We are giving our fans a unique opportunity to purchase small kegs of our specialty beers! As a member of The Fiddlehead Keg Crew you’ll be subscribed to a periodic email blast giving you the opportunity to fill your own personal keg with a rotating list of our specialty beers.
The Keg Crew will operate using small 10 Liter kegs. When you join initially, you purchase the keg itself. You then own the keg. The kegs will available for purchase, in person only, at our Shelburne tasting room. Each 10 Liter keg holds about 28 12oz beers. The kegs have sanke fittings, which is the same fitting found on most retail kegs.
Varieties will be offered one at a time based on availability via the email list. As a member, you have the choice whether or not to purchase each particular offering. Should you be interested, we’ll ask you to reply by a certain date to claim a keg. We will email you back to confirm and let you know when your keg will be available.
How Do I Get Involved?
It’s simple. First we need to get you your keg. Send an email to KegCrew@FiddleheadBrewing.com letting us know you’d like to join. We’ll make arrangements to enroll you over the phone, and give you a pickup date for your first keg. After that, all you need to do is enjoy your keg and wait until our next Keg Crew email hits your inbox.
How Much Does It Cost?
Unlike our regular keg sales, you purchase the vessel itself, there are no deposits.The empty 10 Liter keg carries a one time purchase price of $60. You own a 10 Liter keg within our fleet. The fills cost $60 unless otherwise stated.
Once you subscribe, there is no recurring fee and you are under no obligation to fill your keg.
How Should I Enjoy My Keg?
As with most of our beers, the beers offered through this program should be enjoyed fresh and be served using only a c02 based serving system such as a kegerator or a c02 Tap.
We never suggest using a “party pump” for serving these kegs. They draw in oxygen to push the beer out, and cause the beer to spoil after a few hours. If you’re consuming the keg in one evening, a pump style tap is acceptable, but still not recommended.
The Not So Fine Print
- Only 10 Liter kegs purchased from us are eligible for the keg crew. Unfortunately, we cannot fill a keg you may already own.
- While our typical keg sale policy states that you must have a Vermont ID to purchase, we are waiving the policy for the Keg Crew. Because you are purchasing the actual keg, as long as you are 21 years of age, you may enroll with an out of state ID.
- Current pricing is guaranteed until December 31st, 2017. We reserve the right to change the price or discontinue the program at any time.
- Unlike our regular keg sales, there are no deposits, you are purchasing a 10 Liter keg vessel. It is not returnable for refund.
- A pre-authorized person may pick up your keg for you. Please send us the name of your alternative pick up in advance. They must also be 21 years of age and will be asked for ID.